Saturday, August 27, 2016

Our 2016 Mission and Our Favorite Person!!!!

So what have I gotten done this week? I'm just trying to get back into the swing of life.
I miss the boy a lot but I am trying to look on the bright side of it all. Yeah, I have yet to see the bright side or find it.
I think I have sorted all of the bills from moving DJ, the car, and the tuition bill. That was a mess!
I'm also trying to dig out the mess in the game room. That poor room. We end up dumping odds and ends in there. I have mountains of paper towels in there and pop. I think I found a home for the pop and the paper towels are now living in Anna's closet. I also want to get rid of the crappy futon in there. It has a massive dent in it from Den's butt. I think we will donate it and then buy a proper couch. I think it would be smart to get a couch when we get furniture for DJ's room. I mean why pay delivery charges twice. I have to laugh, I make Den nuts. Every time we go for furniture, I find more that we need and then bring up the argument that I'm saving him money by getting new furniture all at once. He argues that we should get nothing and save a ton of cash. Poor man thinks he knows something.
I have been reading Sarah Titus lately. I love her. She has such great ideas and I always seem to find a new money saving nugget in her posts.
What have you accomplished this week? You ticked off your man?
Rearranging,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

SAM said...

Your rationale sounds reasonable to me. We're looking for new couches or sectional but think it would be a good time to replace our bedroom set.Not that ever had a matching set.

Rachel said...

sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I accomplished having major surgery and am trying to revover from that. It is slow and more painful than I anticipated.

Practical Parsimony said...

Tick my man off? This guy who wants me and is always going to help me out around here called me and woke me up. That was okay. However, I went from sound asleep to screaming at the top of my lungs in one minute since he questioned why I was asleep, something he does every time he calls, even if I am not asleep. One hour ago, he told me he would be here in ten minutes. Hell yes, I have ticked him off. AFTER he ticked m e off! Antiques shops always deliver, no charge. However, I understand how you save him money.

Cheapchick said...

Very reasonable..one thing always leaves to another. Tell Den it is not your fault. If the kids didn't leave to go to school none of this would have to happen - yeah, all their fault!

Elephant's Child said...

This week yes. I haven't ticked himself off today. Mostly because he is still asleep.

Cheapchick said...

Additional comment, now you and Sarah Titus both are huge on Norwex. It makes me want one! I never want things just because others do but seriously, anything to make cleaning easier in my books rocks. Is it wrong to buy a Norwex with my amazon birthday GC? The kids would think I am on glue but since we don't have Norwex parties in Canada (to my knowledge) amazon or ebay is the only place I can get them. Thanks for recommending the Sarah Titus website, am am now following her too.

Sonya Ann said...

Cheapchick-Bahahahaha-"on glue" I love that.
And I'm a norwex addict at this point. And I bet those suckers could clean up glue. I'm barely using any paper towels now. Its a miracle.

Jenny Woolf said...

I thought our couch needed re covering so had it done and it looks worse than ever. Bah!