Sunday, September 11, 2016

9-11

It's hard to believe that it has been 15 years. As long as I live, I will never understand that kind of evil and hatred. For me it felt as if the world stopped. Everyone in my neighborhood came home from work and we watched t.v. and we talked. Everyone had their doors open and we just went from house to house talking. It was a hateful act but I found such comfort in the fact that everyone was there for each other. I felt safe being with so many friends and loved ones. And what really helped was seeing so many people from all over the world cry with us and more importantly care about us. I am not alone. You are not alone.
I am so grateful for you. You have been here to laugh with me and help me through the hard times. You are my friend. And you are my family. My motto has always been-help people, always. Thank you for being in my little world.
Grateful,
Sonya Ann

5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Three couples came to my daughter's home in Brooklyn because her husband worked three blocks from the Trade Center. She could not get him on the phone and thought he was dead. She had a new baby and no family around. He was not yet in the area destroyed and had to go around to find a way, a tunnel, to get home. He could not get his car for three days because it was trapped by heavy equipment that came in. I was glad she was not alone. I heard that lots of business pretty well talked all day here in this town. Normal people like us don't understand that kind of hate and cruelty.

We are: Clamco said...

I am grateful for you as well. You've made me laugh when I didn't feel like I could laugh and you've been so supportive through some of my recent difficult times.

I was living in PA when 9/11 happened. All my family lived in NY (about 45 miles north of NYC). I remember I started accumulating emergency supplies and extra food in case they had to evacuate to somewhere safe. I figured they could stay with me, but they didn't need to. I kept all that stuff for a long time though just in case.

Anne in the kitchen said...

My Dad was stuck in Seattle and couldn't get home, meanwhile Son1 was scheduled to fly back to Portland that afternoon after his other grandfather's funeral. I don't remember if he was stuck here 4 or 5 days, but we all sat glued to the TV the entire time watching in disbelief. My wish for the world is that no one ever has to experience anything like that.

Elephant's Child said...

Hugs.

Janie Junebug said...

That's a lovely post. It's good that you have a sense of community with your neighbors.

Love,
Janie