Thursday, September 29, 2016

Clean Cat

After taking inventory of my life, I now realize that all I do is write, clean and complain. It's my path and I accept it.
It's fan cleaning time of the year again! I took them apart and wiped down the inside and the blades with my beloved Norwex cloth.
I threw the covers in the tub and turned the jets on for a few minutes and BAM, all clean!
Its also the time of the year when coconut oil becomes a solid again. So sad!
When you get to the end of the container, throw it in the microwave and heat it up for a few seconds. Then you can just pour what's left into the next container. No waste! Oh and make sure you get ALL of the metallic safety lid off before you microwave it. It looked like the 4th of July in my microwave.
And then I tackled the grate on the bottom of the microwave. I put it in the dishwasher, then I bleached it, soaked it in hot water and dish-soap, soaked it in Oxy-clean and hot water, soaked it in vinegar, soaked it in hot water and baking soda, and last but not least sprayed it down with oven cleaner.
Better but still not great. Hard to believe that it didn't melt, right?
This is pretty much what the cat does. He just lays there being cute. Den says that he has to sleep and rest a lot because it takes a lot of energy to be so bad. His new trick is to push the end of your cup up when you are trying to drink. You don't see it coming, he half-drowns you and makes a mess all at the same time. He's great really.
Are you cleaning fans? Is your cat trying to kill you?
Not complaining at the moment,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Taking apart box fans?.....WHO DOES THAT?!?
I think you have a bit too much time on your hands.
Why not take up a new hobby like driving to come see me?

signed, Non-clean Sluggy

Anne in the kitchen said...

I thought the way to clean a box fan was to unplug it, take it outside and blast it with the leaf blower. I have never taken one apart to clean it. Thankfully I am not a clean freak. I keep telling myself I am just building immunities!

Cheapchick said...

I have heard but not tried the method of putting oven racks inside a garbage bag sprayed with ammonia and left overnight. Some kind of reaction happens then you simply rinse them off. Likely it would work the same with that oven vent cover....although it does seem you have tried almost everything. Every time I take a shower I look up and see my dirty bathroom fan....it is a two person job and we are so busy it is hard to get out the ladder (9 ft ceiling) and get hubby coraled to do it. I did manage to clean the cupboard under the kitchen sink and also cleaned off the window sill that was dingy where all my plants are while he was gone.

Wendy @ The contented Cavern said...

My coconut oil is always solid lol

Elephant's Child said...

Your inventory is more crowded than mine. And your cleaning MUCH more impressive.

Janie Junebug said...

Don't do so damn much. I'm exhausted now.

Love,
Janie

SAM said...

I just spray mine with vinegar and plug them in outside. No wonder we all have sniffed. Oh a transfer cat-go figure you'd have one.

Linda said...

The grate on the bottom of the microwave? Inside of my microwave there is no grate. I have never looked under my microwave for a grate. I's just not sure what you are talking about.

I use a toothbrush, tweezers, and a bit of alcohol to get everything wrapped around the center of the fan, one of the things that makes them stop working. Yes, I take apart fans, too. Usually, I get box fans from the side of the road and make them work by cleaning that center part that is gooey and hairy and dirty and give them away to people who need them.
Practical Parsimony