Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Aloe

Even my makeup bag is happy!!! Please tell me you see it and that I haven't gone completely crazy.
Sometimes, I think Den likes to experiment on me. He read on Facebook that aloe makes hair super soft and shiny. I was skeptical. Den gutted a hunk of the aloe plant that we got for a $.25 a while ago and said try it. Fine. If it didn't work out, I was going to plan some sort of retaliation though.
This is absolutely one of the best things that I have ever put on my hair.  I'm not exaggerating, it took 10 years off of my hair. It is simply amazing and it lasts for about a week. I wash my hair every day so it probably would have lasted longer if I didn't wash it daily.
There are a few things about the process that I should warn you about. Pure aloe smells a bit. So wash your hair, aloe your hair and then condition it. Also make sure that you blend the aloe or its like rubbing clots in your hair. It will also cause your hair to have some flyaway issues but its just because your hair is super soft. 
The oddest part of all of this is the aloe mixed with something stained the counter. Den was chopping a ton of food and it had a reaction. We got the stain off eventually with a bit of scrubbing. My thought is this would make a great hair dye. I've experimented with a few different foods and the aloe that I know Den was chopping but I still can't get it to turn brown. When/if I figure it out, I'll see if it will dye my hair.
Do you have any odd beauty tips? Have you ever had an odd reaction? Do you have a happy makeup bag?
Old bag,
Sonya Ann


6 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I don't have a happy makeup bag, in fact, mine is unhappy because it is like it's owner__a relic!

Cheapchick said...

I need to get one of those...I seem to be able to raise cactus easy enough...something about not watering them lol. Never heard of trying this. It makes sense though :) Probably be a great deep conditioner on fried hair.

Practical Parsimony said...

Immediately I saw your smiling makeup bag. You are definitely not crazy on that count. Hey, get him to figure out what made the stain. I will use it on my roots, at least. My hair is dark; roots are snow white.

My makeup bag is in my purse because I need makeup now that I am so old. It seems things look better through a haze of cataracts and makeup. My face might be frightening when I get the cataracts removed!

Wendy @ The contented Cavern said...

I used to wash my hair everyday and blow dry and straighten the life out of it when I was working. Now I wash it once a week sometimes with just conditioner and leave it to dry naturally curly. It's the best it's ever been and saves me a fortune in money. I can see your happy make up bag lol

Elephant's Child said...

My make-up bag is lonely. And yours looks untrustworthy to me. Reach inside and see if it bites you...
I wash my hair daily too. And it needs some soft loving. Thanks.

Michelle said...

I killed my last aloe plant. lol! My only beauty secret is that I don't wash my hair each day. Makes it too dry.