Thursday, September 1, 2016

Omniscience Hallux

Ahhhhh, the joys of owning a pool. See that odd shaped dark spot. It was the center of a few arguments. I said it was a rock poking through the liner. Den said no, it was a spot that I didn't clean well. Before DJ left, Den sent him down to inspect it.  I said that was stupid because he is legally blind without his glasses. He gets that from me. To which Den pointed out that I shouldn't call it a rock since I can't really see it either. But my toe could feel it and my toe said it was a rock. DJ said it was a spot where it was worn to the second liner. Sigh. There is no second liner.
Finally, Den had to go in and inspect.
My toe is all-knowing. Hail the toe!
In my opinion, he went a bit ape shit when he cut the rock out. But the blind woman kept her mouth shut and watched him patch it. This is the first patch we have had to put on this liner. Pools and liners last 20 years if you are very lucky. This pool is 10 years old so we are doing ok.
What are you up to? Have you gone ape shit with a knife lately? Is your toe smart?
Patched,
Sonya Ann



5 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I am sure you would have done a more delicate job...but then there's the downside of you having to fix it :) Hubby goes apeshit when trimming bushes in the yard. He is no longer allowed to do them without my supervision. We still have plants he trimmed 2 years ago that are just coming back.

Practical Parsimony said...

My toe is pretty smart. Well, there was the time my toe thought a stick was in my sandal and kept walking until I found out it was a bumble stinging me! Dumb toe!!! I have not gone apeshit with a knife lately...knock on wood.

Donna Freedman said...

Rock on!

SAM said...

Hah-everythinghing DH does is done in apeshit mode.Shrubs,wallpatching, painting. Is it a spouse of bloggers thing?

Elephant's Child said...

My toes find things (like needles) that no-one else can see. They are smart. Ish. It would help if they found a way to tell me which didn't involve bleeding or bruises or pain.