Saturday, September 24, 2016

Our 2016 Mission and Our Favorite Person!!!!

Here was are again, I have to fess up for what I accomplished this week. I washed my hair, does this count?
It is slowing down a bit around here. I very happy for that. The yard doesn't need the work that it once did and that's cuz the pool is closed.
On the bill front, I paid a bit more off the car payment/credit card. And I have 2 months left on the cell phones. I am this (------) close to paying everything off.
Oh and I'm getting the Halloween itch. It's a good itch. No red bumps or oozing.
I love getting the decorations out. Well, I love when Den gets them out from under the house and then we decorate.
And our favorite person is..............US! Seriously, we are all CRAZY. My Wednesday post made me laugh. I wrote about how Grandpa Mott had a few too many and tried to drive him and his Cadillac  off a pier into the Chain of Lakes. Then people were chiming in about their crazy families!!!!!
This would probably be the time to mention Den's uncle that robbed a bank, stole a car, then bought a gun, went looking for a hooker and couldn't find one, got drunk, fell asleep in a corn field and then lost all the money.
Here is Rachel's story......
Hmm.. craziest family story....well I had a great uncle in Tennessee (where my mom is from) whose wife wanted him to build them a house (which he did for a living). Well he dug out the basement, went on a drinking binge, argued with his wife, and then decided to put a roof on it and that was her house. No indoor plumbing, or anything. The last time we visited him, he was still living in his basement house, his wife was living with her kids (whose nicknames were Fat and Slim) in the next town over. We arrived on a Sunday morning and he was on his way to the drive through to get his beer for the day. Actually most of my crazy stories are about my relatives in Tennessee. My great aunt, lived on the top of a mountain in a shack with cardboard ceilings. She was so thrilled when we showed up to show my grandmother that she finally had electricty to run one light bulb in her living room and to run a refrigerator. When we opened her fridge all she had in there was 3-24 packs of Mountain Dew.
Here is Janie Junebug's story.......
When my mom visited me thirty years ago after my daughter was born, I asked her to draw a family tree and write down some information about her family. She pointed to one woman's name and said, SHE ran away with the milkman and no one ever spoke to her again.
 Here is Elephant's Child story........................
My family is boring. Or skilled liars.That said, the first time my partner's parents saw me I was splattered in cow manure and punching their son in the stomach.
Here is Anne in the kitchen's story............
Supposedly my great grandfather fled Germany after killing someone. At least that is the rumor in the family.
 Here is Wendy @ The contented Cavern's story.................
I always wanted a cosmopolitan family never got it until now my mum at 86 has buggered of to Italy with her next door neighbour and is having a fab time he is 87 lol. I think it's great. My family were dull when I was growing up although I did used to practice yoga with my dad as a child.

Honestly, we are a crazy bunch with wonderful stories. Seriously, we should drink. ;p
Any other stories?
Happy Saturday,
Sonya Ann

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Oh my god, love the stories. My Grandma died at 92...but when she was in her late 80s she would take off all her clothes on sunny days and suntan with the sunlight streaming through her bedroom window lol. Needless to say she also drank whisky every day of her life (no more than 2) and we all think that is why she lived so long. Mom threatens to do the same (both the suntanning naked and drinking whisky)

Elephant's Child said...

Isn't it nice to know that weird is the new normal. Or possibly always was normal. Probably.