Thursday, October 20, 2016

Cheap Wall

We live for projects, that must be it.
I came up with a plan for Den because I am cheap he is talented. I wanted matching pictures for DJ's room and I knew he could paint something. He has all the talent in the house. I come up with project for him. Yin and Yang, I tell ya.
When this was still in the "thinking about it" part of this project, he asked if I thought he should paint with watercolor or oil. I said, you get wall paint.  I know my cheap is showing but it matches!!!!
This was the painting that I based DJ's room on. And I'm still sorry that I didn't buy it but.....................
Den is getting close! We have 5 canvases of different sizes so he can practice. And worse case scenario, he can paint over it with white paint and start again.
Or we could just hide it with a bad cat!
He is trying to get me to paint one, a painting not a cat. Yeah, I'm not sure about that.
Do you paint? Do you do projects the cheapest way possible? Is your cat a dick?
Dick,
Sonya




8 comments:

SAM said...

My DH is an artist as well, and we have been trying to get him back into the hobby. I've asked him to create me a logo and he never gears around to it. No talent in me.

Linda said...

I paint walls. Once, I painted a tshirt. That is it. I am an artist but not with paint. If I painted, I would be more of a Grandma Moses than a Monet.
pparsimony

Anne in the kitchen said...

I paint, but I prefer drawing more

I have some canvases I have painted over numerous times because I either don't like the way they look or I just got tired of whatever I painted to begin with. BTW. I used outdoor house paint to make a faux marble finish on my dining room table.

Janie Junebug said...

I don't paint. I have several of my daughter's paintings in the house, most of which have inexpensive frames. When I got nicer frames for a couple of them, the framing lady asked if I had purchased them at a recent art fair. My daughter was pleased. I don't have a cat, but my son is a dick sometimes. Willy Dunne Wooters is a dick occasionally. I do everything the cheapest way possible, which often means I hint around until Willy Dunne Wooters offers to pay. Cheap for me can be expensive for him. I enjoy the questions at the conclusion of your posts. They make me laugh.

Love,
Janie

Cheapchick said...

The only thing it is missing is the copper color, might have to get a can of that! Then have him sign his wanna be name (like if he always wanted to be Italian or Greek, Roberto or something or other) or make it a total joke name :)

I tried that once. My mom thought my painting had no focus....this from a woman who is hardly ever critical...so it got stuck in a closet and we managed to sell it for $2 bucks at a garage sale a few years back.

Elephant's Child said...

I don't paint. And envy and admire those who do.
And at least one of our cats is certainly a dick. A big one.

Jane said...

Cheap projects - it's the only way! Use what's on hand? Of course! Have regrets after? Always!!

Wendy @ The contented Cavern said...

Our project this week. I wanted to buy tombstones for a Halloween graveyard display Lovejoy said nope I'll make some. They are going to be fab I'll do a Halloween post when they're in situ lol. That painting is fab I just make a mess.