Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wicked Wednesday

Today, Den and I have been married for 22 years. How did we get so old? I'm just shocked that we haven't tried to kill each other yet. No really, he has been bad at times. Did I ever tell you how Den and a bunch of his drunk buddies set off a quarter stick of dynamite in the pool? Or how he and a buddy caught a car on fire while working on it and then decided not to waste the fire extinguisher and try and blow it out with an air gun. Mind you, I have been perfect all of this time. Please don't ask me about the time that I removed all of the snow and ice from Den's car with a metal shovel. It's been one hell of a ride for us but worth it!
Perhaps its our sarcasm that keeps us together. Or the fact, that we think the other isn't that bright. Maybe it is the fact that we are still drinking buddies and that is the glue that blinds binds us. Your guess is as good as mine on how we managed to stay married.
So what is the key to a good relationship? Is it drinking or blowing shit up?
Happy Wednesday,
Sonya Ann

8 comments:

Linda said...

How could you leave a man who cooks? That might be worth having a child around forever. I really don't think blowing things up or drinking is the key, but if it works...?

MiserlyMac said...

Happy Anniversary Sonya Ann!! You and Den are the perfect couple! Have a great day!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Happy Anniversary! I have no idea what keeps people together, but for some crazy reason it works sometimes!

Elephant's Child said...

Happy Anniversary.
My partner and I have often said that we would have got less time for murder, and would be out by now...

Cheapchick said...

Happy Anniversary!! I told hubby when we got married(his 2nd, my 1st and only) that if one of us was leaving this marriage it would be in a pine box :) We haven't blown anything up yet (that I know of) but wanted to a few times.

Janie Junebug said...

Kill him. Go ahead. I'll defend you. Who sets a car on fire and refuses to use the fire extinguisher? That sounds like something Willy Dunne Wooters would do. Thank God I'm not married.

Love,
Janie

Michelle said...

Dynamite in the pool? You should have documented that for posterity! lol

We are: Clamco said...

Happy anniversary! My hubby and I have been married for 36 years. I don't know how we made it, but we did. The secret? Who knows? But I can tell you that in these later years, it helps to have separate activity rooms. I have my own office and he has his own office and workroom on the other end of the house that I never really have to see or clean. It's all his. That keeps my stress level way down as the main parts of the house stay neat and clean. lol