Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wicked Wednesday

Anna said to me one time that I take something that is sweet and innocent and twist it into something evil. My response was that I never saw anything sweet and innocent in the first place. Ahhhhh, perception its a terrible thing.
So I wasn't exactly a great kid. Did I ever tell you about the time that I started a small riot just to experience it? An opportunity presented itself and I took it.
When I was in junior high, we had fund raising sleepovers. Boys in one room, girls in another. Anywho, everyone was running through the school at about 3 am and looking out the windows. Mind you, there were about 50 kids plus teachers. And I was in the back and I lowered my voice and said, "I see a man with a knife out there." Well, chaos ensued. First, I ran with the girls screaming and crying, you know just to see what that was like. Then I watched the boys run around with bats and threatening everything that moved. Then I hung with the teachers who were contemplating calling the police. It was quite interesting to observe it from every angle. Needless to say, I never got caught cuz I was a good kid. After about an hour, I got bored and went to bed leaving the teachers with a lot of sobbing girls and bat crazed boys. I suppose I should say sorry about that one. I'm not right and I never have been. It's kind of funny Anna ended up a teacher with a mom like me.
Can you imagine what I could do with that kind of power? Start a riot or stop one?
The big question is were you a good kid or a bad kid? Please keep in mind that I was a bad kid that was one the honor roll and in sports. It is really easy to be bad when everyone thinks your a goodie-goodie.
So bad,
Sonya Ann



6 comments:

Linda said...

YOU are so bad! I was a good kid with no shenanigans like yours. One day, a little girl from one door down came to our house to play with my daughter. She screamed and said she saw a man at the kitchen window. I looked out and saw nothing. She was so convincing. My daughter was terrified for days. Even I believed the kid at first. The thing is, the window was about ten feet from the ground, so it is not like anyone could have gotten up to the window without a ladder. Eventually, I could not stand that kid.

I have known good kids like you. But, the riot was sort of funny.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I was a good kid, but not because I wanted to be. My parents had a super power and always knew what I was doing, so I was actually just good as a method of self preservation. I think my secret black heart has always been with me though!

Cheapchick said...

Love that story! I was a pretty good kid, nothing like that. I was too shy to do too much. Lost that in my 20s finally!

Elephant's Child said...

I looked good. I am so grateful that telepathy isn't a happening thing. I also had a brother who taught me that if you can tell the truth so it sounds like a lie, people will check up on you, discover you were telling the truth and stop checking. Win.

Janie Junebug said...

I was so good that no one ever took my attempts at badness seriously, but I love your story.

Love,
Janie

McVal said...

LOL! You are BBBAAAAADD!!!! but in a good way... How hilarious! And I thought they stopped doing the 3rd grade sleepover here because my husband woke them up with the bagpipes the next morning...